ViceBio Limited (the Company)
The Company respects your right to privacy. This privacy notice sets out how the Company uses and protects and information that you give the Company when you use this website. The Company is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided at the bottom of this Privacy Notice.
Who we are
ViceBio Limited, a company registered in England number 11570257.
Our registered office is 2nd Floor 168 Shoreditch High Street, London, United Kingdom, E1 6RA.
What personal information does the Company collect and why?
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual that can directly or indirectly identify that individual. It does not include data from which identifying information has been removed (anonymous data).
The Company does not knowingly collect
- Personal data relating to children
- Special categories of personal data (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data)
- Information about criminal convictions and offences
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences, and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- What products and services you have purchased, inquired about or shown an interest in
- What orders you have placed with us
We will use this information to:
- Perform any contract with you (for example order processing and delivery of the products you have ordered)
- Assist you with any inquiries that you make
- Provide you with information about goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have purchased, inquired about, or shown an interest in
- Provide you with information about goods and services we believe would be of interest to you
- If you agree we may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- Conduct market research, statistical analysis, and track our performance to help us improve our service offerings
- Notify you about changes to our service
- Information about any device you have used to access our website, for example: your device’s make and model, browser, internet protocol (IP) address internet service provider (ISP) and your broad geographic location
- How you use our website; for example: how your device has interacted with our website, including the pages accessed and links clicked, websites visited before or after our website, products viewed or searched for and the length of visits to certain pages
Collecting this information helps us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalized service. Some of the cookies we use are essential for the site to operate. It also enables us to better understand the visitors who come to our website, where they come from, what information on our website is of interest to them and to send them marketing messages and advertising related to their interest.
We also collect data concerning whether any email communication you have received from us has been opened and if you have clicked on any links within the email. This helps us ensure our communications are useful for you.
Third party sources
From time to time, we may receive personal information about you from third parties (for example from conferences, tradeshows or life science networking organizations), but only where we have checked that these third parties either have your consent or are otherwise legally permitted or required to disclose your personal information to us.
We may also collect information about you from publicly available sources, including from scientific publications, university websites and publicly available information on social media.
The types of personal information we may collect in this way include your name, your job title, the institution or company you represent, your email addresses, telephone number and your research interests. We may also collect your language preference.
We will combine this information with the information you give to us and information we automatically collect about you to maintain and improve the accuracy of the records we hold about you. We will also use the combined information about you to form a view on what products we think you, or others similar to you, may want or need to target our marketing closer to your interests.
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information or purchased products from us, provided us with your details when you contacted our customer service teams, registered for a promotion, or accessed information from our website and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving marketing communications.
We only want to provide you with marketing communications if you want to hear from us. If you don’t want to receive such communications, you can
- Click on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of every marketing e-mail we send you
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us at our registered office address.
Once you do this, we will update your profile to ensure that you don’t receive any further marketing messages. Please note that stopping marketing messages will not stop any service communications (such as order updates) or requests for feedback.
In general, we will use your personal information only for the purposes described in this privacy notice or for purposes that we explain to you at the time we collect your personal information. We may also process your personal information for additional purposes that are compatible with that original purpose if, and where, this is permitted by applicable data protection laws.
Legal basis for processing personal information
If you are in the EEA, our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally only process personal information from you
- For the performance of our contract with you (for example: to process and deliver your order)
- Where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms (for example to: keep our records updated; study how customers use our products/services, grow our business and inform our marketing strategy; send business to business marketing emails; provide administration, IT services and network security; prevent fraud)
- Where we have your consent (although generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data)
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
We will abide by data protection principles when processing your data.
We do not transfer your data outside the EEA unless you are located outside the EEA.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who does the Company share my personal information with?
We do not, and will not, sell your personal data to a third party.
We will share your data with certain recipients as an essential part of being able to provide you with products and services, to run our events, and to enable us to run our business effectively. Such recipients include:
- Trusted third party services providers and partners, for example: those who help us run our business (for example, companies that provide support for our website and internal IT systems) or those who help us get our products to you (for example, a courier company that delivers the products you have ordered or a distributor who operates in a country we do not sell to directly). We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
- Any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online in accordance with the requirements of the Law.
The Company will not hold your personal information for any longer than is necessary. We retain personal information we collect where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example to provide you with a service you have requested or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
- You have a right to be informed about how we process your personal information – The Company does this by way of this Privacy Notice.
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us by email at email@example.com.
- If you are a resident of the European Union, you may be able to object to the processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. See our section on marketing, above.
- Similarly, if we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not stop processing of your personal information if it is necessary for performing a contract with you, or if such processing is in the Company’s legitimate interests.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. We would, however, appreciate the opportunity to remediate any issues you identify, so please do contact us in the first instance.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. You will not have to pay a fee to exercise your data protection rights. However, we may charge a reasonable fee or we may refuse to comply with your request if it is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive.
Please note we may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to exercise your data protection rights. This is a security measure to ensure that your personal data is not disclosed to any person who does not have a right to receive it.
We keep this privacy notice under regular review and may update it from time to time. If we make any changes, we will take appropriate measures to inform you or to obtain your consent if and where this is required by applicable data protection laws.